About Me

My photo
Usually when I write my "About me" it always starts off with : I'm a wife and mother of 3. Well... this time I'll try to talk About ME. I am a free-spirited woman that loves to spend time with family and friends. I love seeking new opportunities to make money using my creative talents. I love music and writing.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

DJ's 1st Birthday Party

Yesterday was baby DJ's 1st birthday and it was wonderful.  Just about everyone who RSVP'd came and had a lot of fun.  We had his party at Pizza Hut, and thanks to their current $6 medium pizza promotion, we were able to stay well within budget.  I am not a birthday party fanatic, especially not for a one-year old.  But, this is my baby's first son and I know it meant a lot to celebrate his baby's day.  So, I loaded up on decorations and goodies from the Dollar Tree and got a nice sheet cake from Giant.  I like that Pizza Hut doesn't charge for birthday parties.  You simply pay for what you order.  We'll definitely be back again!!

I also did well staying on schedule.  I was late for my hair appointment, but Brenda had me in and out in time to get everything done.  I made it to the party pretty much on time, and thanks to my friend Shanna and my little cuz Brandy B, we got everything decorated before the rest of the guests and the guest of honor arrived.  Thanks guys!  I love you so much!!!

Family and friends poured in.  We were running out of space in the party room, but everyone had a great time.  Even the adults had a good time playing with the Match cards that were in the goodie bags.  Although I think Jasmine and Dominique cheated and beat Tyanna and I.  Rematch ladies!!! LOL

DJ really enjoyed the happy birthday song.  We were trying to get a great pic of him smashing in the cake, but this little boy refused to get his hands dirty with icing.  He is definitely his father's child.  It was great spending time with my cousins Tyese and CeCe.  Thank goodness for Facebook, we have been able to reconnect.  We really don't know their sons, Kourri and Chris, but I hope we can hook up more and let the kids start growing up more.  Their boys are some sweet cutie pies.  I was glad my brother and his family was able to make it.  Of course Little Norman didn't warm up to me until he was ready leave, but I was able to get a hug, kiss and to hold him all of about 5 minutes.  Progress!!! :-) 

I had a lot of fun.  Hosting parties can sometimes be overwhelming, especially when you have friends and family from both sides.  People tend to settle in comfort zones and I sometimes feel like I have to "work the room" which I did try to do, while Dwimoh and I made sure everyone had drinks and food.  But, everyone meshed really, really well and I was very glad of that.  All in all, Dwimoh's party was a huge success and all of the kids had a great time.

Afterwards, my hubby let me have a girl's night out with Shanna and his cousin Teara.  It was nice to be out with a group of ladies and just relax and have fun.  I ended the night at 10pm and even beat Dwimoh home, which was good so that I could help get the kids settled since he'd had them basically all morning and evening.  I appreciated that.  Thank you baby! 

Happy Birthday DJ!  Can't wait to do it all again in March for Deonte... Looking for ideas for my soon-to-be 15-year old.  :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment